Tuesday, May 4, 2010

plastic surgery

It has taken me 5 days and 3 trips to the hardware store, but I finally replaced my toilet seat. It all started when the old toilet seat was "no longer adequate", so I was left with little choice but to replace it. Before, the seat would not close properly, so yes my bathroom stunk royal.

I went looking and finally settled on a plastic replacement instead of wood or porcelain. It was totally like performing plastic surgery. I had the gloves, bolt cutters, pliers, screw drivers and ofcourse the new seat which, in the line of thinking I'm presenting here, can be taken as a new face.

But to be honest, it feels slightly weird to be sitting on a seat the I installed myself. Do people do that? It's certainly a first for me. Just like it would be weird for a plastic surgeon to date a woman he's performed plastic surgery on.

Luckily I'm not a plastic whajima'call. I just enjoy the serenity of taking a crap on plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment