Monday, May 25, 2009

Victorious, I am

Woolies sells soft-gum lollies. The best lollies that I've ever known, or sweets as some would prefer. But I was to be gravely saddened when I could not find them on the racks. I recorded that from the period 30 January 2009 to April 2009, the Greenside store has not stocked the soft-eating gums. The store currently stocks the Woolworths Wine Gums in the impulse section leading to the tills; and although they may look the same, these are not the same as the Soft Gums.

Upon discovering this, I conveyed my deepest disappointment to the woolies corporation. It had been 3 months without any soft gums in my mouth. Each visit I made to the store had been inspired, and indeed spurred on, by these wonderful soft-eating gums. I began to doubt my association with the soft gums and more so the store. I wrote letters, i sent emails urging them to correct this. I requested in earnest for an order in large quantities, in the range of 1000 packs to be placed promptly. If this did not happen, my life would never be the same, again.

I am now happy to report the woolies customer care dude emailed back to apologise. He requested my number so that when the stock arrived, he would call me. A day later, the store manager also rang to apologise and gave me the best news - the soft gums had arrived! I feel ever so victorious. At this news, I organised to purchase 10 packs to last me at least a month.

After such effort, I decided it would be fair to establish the soft-gum appreciation society, in the hope that others will also join this great movement. But even beyond joining, I hope you will take this; that if you believe in something strongly enough, and you desire to see change...you can change the world around you! I am the founder of the soft-gum appreciation society, or SGAS for short, the 1st chapter in the universe and this is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment