Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the more things change...

Today, my work goblins moved me to a new office with a recently new flat screen computer. I can't stop starring around at everything, it all seems so unfamiliar. The computer is fun and has handled my basic commands very well, so im rewarding it with mid-day post.

Let me describe my new office space:

I have no spectacular view of rolling hills or green grass banks, only blank walls and 2 black doors.

My desk has 2 drawers and is made of wood, cheap wood! It measures 1.6m x 0.8m, that's small. I have 1 phone, 1 computer, 1 blue chair, 1 red tray and 1 black dustbin.

I share my office with Tim. He has a German surname that I can't remember or spell. His desk is identical to mine, except his flat screen is bigger than mine. Tim and I share the office with hundreds of books, magazines, files and geological maps - its our little public library. I've been thinking I should chat to him about charging a small fee for anyone who wishes to use our material.

The company office has a total of 4 fans, and between Tim and myself we have 3 of those. Its an impressive number of fans, except now with winter upon us we have no use for them.

Hmm, that's about it.

After this careful assessment, I have come to the conclusion that my new office is boring and has little prospect of developing its fun-ness-ness-side. So, I will now leave you to write me suggestions on how I could improve my new employment arrangement. Ok...

Go:

No comments:

Post a Comment