Monday, March 8, 2010

mervin


Cape Town is experiencing 40+ degree temperatures today. Mervin, the soccer ball, happened to be outside in the sun when the weather delivered a massive heatwave on the southern tip of Africa. This is Mervin's story. "I was just sitting there when I suddenly popped", he said. In the photo, he is shown sitting in the back seat of my car where the incident occurred.

Preliminary medical reports suggest that a total re-constructive surgery may be needed. In the mean time, the local authorities have advised Mervin and other soccer balls to find the nearest beach or stay indoors.

As a concerned owner and responsible citizen, I have taken the initiative of setting up a relief fund. I call it the 'Mervin Heat Concern'. Donations will go towards his cosmetic surgery and and possible burial expenses. Please send 10 Rand to 66 Loch Road, Rondebosch 7700.

No comments:

Post a Comment