Monday, April 27, 2009

why i didn't vote for zuma

I'm 26 and i'm inspired by change. But jacob was not the kind of change I wished for.

I know the meaning of 'bribe', unless it means something else in this country. It takes 2 to conclude a bribe, one to offer and another to receive (or turn down). Not our jacob though. On the balance of jacob's past, it seems in my mind that he is guilty of receiving certain bribes. Except, the current reality, as the recent election results have shown, 2 of every 3 south africans want jacob to be the leader for the next 5 years. So to them he is neither guilty nor tainted.

I chose not to vote for jacob. He simply does not inspire me. He scares me a little, his look, his body, his dances - those violent zulu dances. No thank you. I'm a soft sotho, they say! I say my rejection of his ways is based on this principle....'where there is smoke there's probably a fire' and 'the appearance of evil is often linked to the same'.

Now I wait, with some questions, to see what the next 5 years will bring. Where his commitments will lie, to what will he devote his energy.

In the mean time I'm going to find a zulu to hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment