Friday, January 15, 2010

great big things

As I account for the year so far, my thoughts are rather depressing. I returned home from traveling on Jan 2 to find my house had been robbed of all but my bed, chair and a few clothes. I was shattered. I deal best with shattering moments by internalising the effects and just moving on. Well since I have this online outlet...I will let out. I have heard of and read about many external events such as (1) the fatal shooting of the Togo football team in Angola (2) the devastating earthquake in Haiti, (3) religious fighting in Malaysia (4) forced removal of migrants and shanty town dwellers in south Italy and recently in Pretoria, ...dude I could go on. We already have so many problems, flooding in east Africa, wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and south Sudan, HIV, swine flu, terrorist plotters, extreme heatwaves in Melbourne, arctic weather in Europe, power blackouts in Argentina and other parts of South America. I dare say we are now approaching summer rains on the south east coast of Africa, think Mozambique in 2000. I wonder what great big thing will grab our attention next. Something environmental perhaps, air space incident, rail, fire? I also wonder how much longer we can afford to go on without seeing, hearing and understanding the real question...God's call.

No comments:

Post a Comment